Monday, April 16, 2012

Behold the Power of Shoes

     Truth be told, I'm not a big fashionista.  It's not that I don't like glamorous and fashionable clothes I just have other things to spend my time and money on.  A couple new pairs of jeans could be the cost of some dance workshops I want to take or art supplies I need.  Everyone has priorities, right? I get most of my clothes from our local goodwill store.  This includes shoes (foot germs, bah!).  Every once in a while though, I do get the urge to splurge.  This usually happens around my birthday.  This year was no different, and I decided to hit up our local TJ maxx.  While I was shopping for a new bathing suit (summer's coming!) and some other clothes that might make me somewhat in fashion for a change, I started to notice my shoes.  I realized with growing dismay that the particular pair of clunkers I was wearing that day had been with me since my college years, and looked their age.  Why not head next door to DSW, "just to look"?  Of course, I headed directly to the back of the store where the clearance shoes live.  It was there that I spotted them, the coolest pair of boots ever.  They were perfect!  The price: 129.99 plus an additional 40% off.  The math came up in my head as somewhere near the ballpark of $70-80.  Way more than I was planning to spend on new shoes.  So, I did what any logical girl would do.  I marched up to the counter with my glorious new boots and didn't look back.
     When I saw this single little shoe earring, I knew it had to become part of a special piece of jewelry.  Women have always loved shoes.  They are powerful accessories.  It sounds shallow, but when I wear my beloved boots, I feel more confident, powerful, glamorous, and sexy.  Every girl deserves the chance to splurge on a pair of shoes that she just loves.  There is a little glamour girl in all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment