Friday, January 27, 2012

Embrace your mistakes!

This necklace is a reminder of the good that can sometimes come out of making mistakes.  I had made this chandelier pendant a while ago, figuring I would put it on a chain.  Still not so great at soldering the jump rings on, I made a bit of a disaster out of it.  The resulting pendant had lumpy soldering in front and a lopsided loop.  Daggit!  I put it aside in the mess-up pile.  I still really liked the picture on it and wanted to use it for something.  While going through some junk jewelry I found an old wire hoop, probably once part of a choker-style necklace with a dangle.  So, I broke out some silk ribbon, lace, buttons, beads, and wire, and started just wrapping away.  The result was this very fun, elegant necklace that completely hides the lop-sided loop I made.  I love it!  Now I want to make some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment