Sunday, January 29, 2012

Everything old is new again

       Every store that I go into that sells any kind of jewelry and accessories, I always have to check them out.  Whether it's a high-end department store (which I don't frequent often) or a big box discount store that sells everything from fishing equipment, to diapers, to fashion jewelry, I always pass the jewelry section to check it out.  More and more recently I've seen a trend everywhere I look of jewelry with a faux-vintage vibe.  I've noticed necklaces with vintage looking cameos, pocket watches, keys, and of course, the big owl pendent that has been resurrected from the seventies and mass produced into renewed popularity.  Even big craft stores with jewelry making supplies are increasingly featuring charms and findings with a vintage look.

     Being a girl, I also love bags, which of course, one can never have too many.  I've noticed alot of cute little embellished clutches in stores recently.  Little bags with sparkly things, feathers, fabric flowers have become very popular.  As it happens, little vintage bags are one of those things I have a hard time passing up when I see them in thrift stores and flea markets.  Same thing goes for vintage compacts.  I just love them!  Big or small, fancy or simple, I can't pass them up.  So, of course, I've amassed a decent collection of both.  And what to do with them?  Make a little embellished bag of my own, featuring treasures from years gone by.  Everything old is new again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment