Thursday, March 1, 2012

Budget Woes

I recently decided to make my business official and not "just a hobby", so the plunge, started learning about taxes and licensing and opened a seperate business account with well, next to nothing.  Not exactly nothing, but not enough to replenish my dimishing supply of basic findings (clasps, headpins, wire, crimps, etc...),  or to satisfy my ever growing list new tools I would like to buy (rivets, and mandrels, and mallets, oh my!).  Then there is the advertising, professional photography, graphic logo design, upgraded packaging and all these other things that make my head spin with numbers that are not in my account.  So what to do?  Bury myself in a hole and cry?  Of course not!  In times of budget woes people learn to make do with what they have, like taking three small plastic bangles and wrapping them with scraps of fabric and lace that I had lying around my studio.  I will always have my creativity and with that, will always find new uses for things and ways to make do with what I have.  Oh, and by the way, these bracelets will be on etsy soon, so you know, just sayin', I still would like some new tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment